Ice is an essential element in many beverages, and having an ice maker at home can save you a lot of time and money.
Countertop ice makers are becoming increasingly popular because they are compact, easy to use, and affordable.
They are ideal for small kitchens, apartments, RVs, and boats, where space is limited.
Countertop ice makers come in different sizes, shapes, and designs, and they can produce different types of ice.
What Are The Benefits of a Countertop Ice Maker?
Convenience: Countertop ice makers provide a convenient and quick way to make ice.
Portability: They are portable and can be used in different locations, including outdoor spaces and RVs.
Speed: They can produce a large amount of ice in a short amount of time, usually within 10-15 minutes.
Customization: Many models offer customization options, such as ice cube size and thickness.
Space-saving: They are compact and do not take up much space on a countertop.
Energy-efficient: They use less energy than a traditional freezer ice maker.
Hygiene: Some models have a self-cleaning function to maintain hygiene.
With so many ice makers to choose from it can be difficult to find your ideal one. But don't worry, we've done the hard work for you and compiled a list of 5 top ice makers of 2023!
Best Ice Makers of 2023
AGLUCKY Countertop Ice Maker Machine is great for anyone looking for a portable and efficient ice maker.
- Bullet-shaped ice cubes of two sizes - large and small.
- The compact size of the AGLUCKY countertop ice maker makes it easy to carry and operate.
- The ice machine produces 9 ice cubes within only 6-8 minutes, and it can produce up to 26.5 pounds of ice per day, which is a fairly standard output for an ice cube machine of this size.
- It is equipped with a quick and quiet cooling system.
- Does not have a freezer so if you want to save your ice cubes for later, you should pack the ice cubes in the ice bag that comes with the machine and store them in the freezer.
The AGLUCKY Countertop Ice Maker is an efficient and quiet ice maker that comes with accessories, including an ice scoop and basket.
The indicators of the ice machine maker countertop will remind you to take out the ice cubes when the basket is full and inform you to add water when the ice maker lacks water.
The bullet-shaped ice cubes produced are round and smooth - perfect for cooling drinks and food.
The top cover with a transparent window allows you to see directly through it so that you can see your ice being made.
Overall, the AGLUCKY Countertop Ice Maker Machine is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a portable and efficient ice maker.
If you're looking for a reliable and efficient countertop ice maker, the Frigidaire EFIC189 is a great choice.
- Makes bullet-shaped ice of two different sizes quickly and efficiently.
- It has a standard output of 26 lbs of ice in 24 hours.
- The compact size and portability make it easy to transport and use.
- Does not have a freezer so the ice that is not used immediately should be transferred to the freezer.
- The ice maker is not super quiet.
This ice maker is capable of producing 26 lbs of ice in a 24-hour period, with each 5-6 minute cycle making 9 ice cubes.
When the basket is full, the machine will remind you to take out the ice cubes, and when the ice maker is low on water, it will alert you to add more.
In terms of functionality, the cover with the large see-through window makes it easy to see the ice basket, and the 2.3 qt water reservoir enables a large volume of ice production per batch, with the large bin storing 1.5 lbs of produced ice at a time.
Overall, the Frigidaire EFIC189-Silver Compact Ice Maker is an excellent choice if you're looking for a reliable and efficient countertop ice maker.
EUHOMY Ice Maker Machine is a reliable and efficient countertop ice maker.
- Makes bullet-shaped ice cubes of two sizes - small and large.
- Can produce up to 26 pounds of ice per day, making it perfect for parties or gatherings.
- Has a very quiet operation.
- Has a self-cleaning function.
- Is user-friendly and easy to clean, with a silver stainless steel surface that is both beautiful and practical.
- The EUHOMY Ice Maker Machine is not refrigerated, so the ice will melt if not used immediately or stored in a freezer.
The machine is incredibly easy to use and produces high-quality ice cubes in just a few minutes.
The EUHOMY Ice Maker Machine is also very efficient, with a recirculating water tank that prevents water waste and a compressor that consumes very little energy.
The machine is also self-cleaning, which is a great feature for busy users who don't have time to clean it manually.
Overall, we highly recommend the EUHOMY Ice Maker Machine to anyone looking for a reliable and efficient countertop ice maker. It's easy to use, produces high-quality ice cubes, and is built to last.
If you're looking for a portable and efficient ice maker, the Silonn Ice Maker is a great choice.
- The Silonn ice maker is very fast, taking only 6 minutes to make 9 bullet-shaped ice cubes.
- It can produce up to 26 pounds of ice in 24 hours.
- Makes bullet-shaped ice cubes of two different sizes.
- The ice maker is quiet, with a noise level lower than 35dB, similar to a working refrigerator.
- The transparent lid allows you to monitor the ice produced, and the sensor automatically detects when ice is full and stops producing to prevent overflowing.
- The Silonn ice maker is relatively large, with dimensions of 12.3 x 8.7 x 12.5 inches. It may not fit in small kitchens or tight spaces.
Silonn Ice Maker is easy to control, with a simple control panel that allows you to fill the ice maker with water, press the ON button, and select the size of the ice cubes.
When there is not enough water or the ice basket is full, the indicator light will turn on.
Another great feature of the Silonn ice maker is that it's self-cleaning. Simply press the ON/OFF button for 5 seconds to start the self-cleaning process. This makes it easy to maintain and keep clean.
Overall, we recommend the Silonn Ice Maker Countertop for anyone who needs a portable and efficient ice maker for personal or small-group use. It's fast, quiet, and easy to use, with the added bonus of self-cleaning.
We highly recommend the Mueller Nugget Ice Maker Machine for anyone looking for a reliable and efficient countertop ice maker that produces soft and crunchy nugget ice.
- Produces nugget-shaped ice cubes
- Produces up to 30 pounds of ice per day which is more than most other ice makers
- Large capacity 4.4 lbs ice basket
- Ice basket is very insulated so it keeps your ice frozen for longed
- The infrared sensing technology stops ice production when the basket is full or when water is low, saving energy and water.
- The self-cleaning function and drainage valve make cleaning and maintenance a breeze.
- Excellent customer service if you have any issues with your Mueller Ice Maker.
- The ice maker is a bit noisy during the ice-making process.
- The ice maker takes up a fair amount of counter space.
- The ice maker is a bit on the pricey side compared to other countertop ice makers.
We found the Mueller Nugget Ice Maker Machine to be a great investment.
The ice maker is easy to use and produces ice quickly, making it perfect for parties or daily use.
The self-cleaning function and drainage valve make cleaning and maintenance a breeze.
The price is a bit on the high side compared to other countertop ice makers but it comes with excellent customer service if any issues occur with your device.
Frequently Asked Questions About Ice Making Machines:
Do I need an ice maker?
Whether or not you need an ice maker depends on your personal preferences and lifestyle.
If you frequently host parties or entertain guests, having an ice maker can be convenient and practical.
It can also be useful if you live in a hot climate and enjoy cold beverages.
However, an ice maker may be unnecessary if you rarely use ice or prefer to make it manually.
Additionally, if you have limited space in your kitchen.
Ultimately, the decision to get an ice maker comes down to your individual needs and preferences.
How do you clean an ice maker?
Cleaning your ice maker is an important step in maintaining its performance and ensuring the quality of the ice it produces. Here are some general steps for cleaning an ice maker:
Unplug the ice maker: Before cleaning, make sure to unplug the machine from the power source to avoid any electrical hazards.
Empty the ice basket: Remove any ice cubes that are in the basket and discard them.
Clean the interior: Use a clean, damp cloth to wipe down the interior of the ice maker, including the ice bin and the evaporator rods. You can also use a mixture of warm water and mild dish soap for a more thorough cleaning.
Clean the exterior: Wipe down the exterior of the ice maker with a clean, damp cloth. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials that can scratch or damage the surface.
Clean the water reservoir: If your ice maker has a water reservoir, clean it by emptying any remaining water and wiping it down with a clean, damp cloth.
Run a cleaning cycle: Some ice makers have a self-cleaning cycle that you can activate to clean the machine more thoroughly. Follow the manufacturer's instructions for running a cleaning cycle, if applicable.
Rinse and dry: Once you have finished cleaning, rinse the ice maker with clean water and dry it thoroughly with a clean cloth.
Plug in and restart: Plug the ice maker back in and restart it according to the manufacturer's instructions.
It is recommended to clean your ice maker every month, or more frequently if it is used frequently or in a commercial setting.
Can I leave my countertop ice maker on all the time?
Most countertop ice makers are designed to be left on all the time, as they are equipped with an automatic shut-off feature that turns off the machine when the ice basket is full.
However, it is still important to follow the manufacturer's instructions and guidelines for your specific model.
Some models may have specific recommendations for usage and maintenance, such as periodic cleaning or draining of the water reservoir.
It is also recommended to unplug the machine when not in use for an extended period of time.
Do countertop ice makers use a lot of electricity?
Countertop ice makers generally use a moderate amount of electricity, but the exact amount can vary depending on the model and usage.
Most countertop ice makers have a power rating of around 100-150 watts, which is similar to many small kitchen appliances such as blenders or toasters.
The amount of electricity used by an ice maker will also depend on factors such as the frequency of use, the size of the ice cubes, and the ambient temperature of the room.
While ice makers are not typically considered high-energy appliances, it is still important to be mindful of energy usage and to follow best practices for energy efficiency, such as unplugging the machine when not in use and keeping it clean and well-maintained.
How much does a countertop ice maker cost?
The cost of a countertop ice maker can vary depending on the brand, model, and features.
Generally, you can expect to pay anywhere from $100 to $300 for a good quality countertop ice maker.
Lower-end models may cost around $50 to $100, while high-end models with advanced features such as built-in water filters or Bluetooth connectivity can cost upwards of $500.
It is important to consider your budget and needs when shopping for a countertop ice maker, as well as reading reviews and comparing features to ensure you are getting the best value for your money.
How noisy are ice makers?
The noise level of an ice maker can vary depending on the model and brand.
Generally, countertop ice makers are designed to be relatively quiet, producing a noise level of around 40-60 decibels, which is similar to the sound level of a normal conversation or light traffic.
However, some models may be louder than others, especially if they have a powerful compressor or fan.
Additionally, the noise level may increase when the ice maker is actively producing ice or when the ice cubes are being dispensed.
It is important to read the specifications for specific models to get an idea of the noise level before purchasing an ice maker, especially if you plan to use it in a quiet environment.
This article contains affiliate links. We may receive a commission (at no cost to you) if you make a purchase through a brand link below. Learn more here.